|This position will keep you busy, offer you the chance to flex your creativity muscles and expose you to a variety of tasks, people, companies, and resources.
In this role you’ll get:
• Exposure to Central Oregon’s broad business community
• To partner with EDCO staff to execute the organization’s various well-attended events
• A pay check
• To initiate strategies to reach key audiences via social media marketing, print materials, website maintenance, etc.
• A “vote.” Your opinion and insight matters.
• To flourish as part of a small team of hard-working professionals
• To demonstrate your skills in general project management, administrative tasks, graphic design and event logistics support
• Flexibility, both in terms of tailoring the position to your skill set and scheduling (days/times)
• An up-close look at and exposure to Central Oregon’s exciting entrepreneurial scene*
*This position works closely with EDCO staff to put on events such as the Central Oregon PubTalks, which draw hundreds of monthly attendees, and the Bend Venture Conference (BVC, a bit like ABC’s Shark Tank), which draws 500+ attendees and has awarded $10 million to 37 companies in the last five years.
|The ideal candidate either has experience with, or will learn
• Experience with the MS Office Suite and PowerPoint (or Prezzi, or a similar program)
• Aptitude to work both collaboratively and autonomously
• Web and social media saviness
• Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
• A professional, friendly demeanor
• Had some exposure to online email marketing tools like Constant Contact or Mail Chimp, for example
• A desire to learn
You’ll rise to the top if:
• You are familiar with WordPress and project management software (i.e. MS Project, Podio, AirTable)
• Graphic design is on the list of things you like and are good at
• You have used event registration software (i.e. Eventbrite, Cvent)
• You are familiar with CRM software (i.e. Salesforce, Insightly, Hubspot)
|Intern must be available through October 18th