|Organize and lead scheduled recreation activities providing for participant safety at all times. Answer phones and make reservations when necessary.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Perform lifeguard duties.
2. Enforce pool rules and state health department codes.
3. Maintain cleanliness and safety standards at all times.
4. Perform water chemical tests as scheduled and add chemicals as needed.
5. Lead pool activities as scheduled.
6. Politely and maturely communicate with guests, staff, and supervisors.
7. Comply with Black Butte Ranch policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
1. Answer phone calls in a polite manner.
2. Collect money for activities.
3. Provide canoes for patrons.
4. Clean bathrooms on an hourly basis during the summer season.
5. Teach swim lessons and/or water exercise classes.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
|Appropriate childhood learning and instructional techniques, recreational guidelines for all activities offered (geo-caching and operation of GPS units, belaying and operating climbing wall, canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddling)
|Good communication skills and dependability. Education and/or Experience: 1. Current Lifeguard Training certificate or equivalent. 2. Current American Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR certificates or equivalent. 3. Prefer candidate with Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certificate or equivalent. 4. Knowledge and experience in the chemical and mechanical operation of pools preferred. Job Conditions: 1. Work environment is outside in all types of weather primarily hot sunny days. 2. Exposed to various types of pool chemicals (chlorine, soda ash, muriatic acid and others). 3. On the job pressures include over crowded pools and dealing with irate patrons. 4. Ability to work well with others and function appropriately under high-intensity situations. 5. Ability to resolve difficult and diverse situations with patience and maturity. 6. Work schedule is 40 hours per week with some overtime. May work weekends and holidays. 7. Responsible for small amounts of cash handling. 8. Must be able to lift and move up to 100 pounds. Job Complexity/Supervisory Responsibility: 1. Provide a safe facility for patrons. 2. Receive minimum to moderate supervision. 3. Work situation will be solo or with three other guards. 4. Decision-making is critical. 5. Affect of errors could be fatal. 6. A tremendous amount of initiative is required. 7. Skills and effectiveness are tested prior to the season. 8. Full supervisory responsibility of all patrons at the pools. 9. No supervisory responsibilities for other employees. 10. Can provide disciplinary action to patrons with knowledge of Head Guards and or Assistant Recreation Director.