|1. Work closely with Client Services Coordinator to support clients by providing appropriate information, referrals and follow-up to be sure clients’ needs are being met.
2. Help to create a warm and welcoming office environment for families, including children.
3. Develop and utilize intake systems/forms to gather and track client data, issues, services, etc.
4. Enter data into “Apricot” database, produce reports, etc.
5. Perform office duties necessary to ensure timely communication and good organization, including answering phones, checking phone messages and email regularly, and filing documents.
6. Other duties as needed to assist our LCA team
|The intern will learn the daily ins and outs of the Latino Community Association, including how to use our Apricot database, how to provide customer service to a diverse clientele, learn about community partners and resources, and generally how a non-profit in the social service sector operates.
|Currently enrolled in college. Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and spoken. Ability to translate documents from Spanish to English. Knowledge of immigrant Latino issues, challenges, and opportunities. Professional and friendly disposition. Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email, and in-person. Positive, team-player mentality. Organized. Familiarity with basic computer programs (MS Word, Excel). Ability to manage or learn a simple database (Apricot)