|1. Work closely with both Programs Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to support components of the Workforce Empowerment Programs, including the English, Computer, Citizenship and youth programs.
2. Communicate with volunteers assigned to specific roles and be available to answer questions about assigned roles.
3. Assist with volunteer trainings and the planning of fundraising and outreach events.
4. Assist Program Manager and Volunteer Coordinator with creating, assessing, documenting, and reporting on program outcomes.
5. Work to record outcomes and information using Apricot Software.
|The intern will learn the daily ins and outs of the Latino Community Association, including how to use our Apricot database, how to provide customer service to a diverse clientele, learn about community partners and resources, and generally how a non-profit in the social service sector operates. Additionally, the intern will learn how to work with and manage volunteers and programs.
|1. Preferred intern to be currently enrolled in college or university.
2. Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and spoken preferred
3. Bi-culturally aware (immigrant Latino/Anglo) with knowledge of immigrant Latino issues, challenges, and opportunities
4. Public presentation experience
5. Familiarity with common computer programs (MS Word, Excel, online tools), social media, databases.
6. Professional and friendly disposition
7. Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email, and in-person
8. Team-player mentality and collaborative can-do approach to work
9. Must have reliable transportation