|Deschutes County Health Services is seeking a Community Health Advocate to provide community members and organizations with youth perspectives in relation to substance abuse prevention. The Community Health Advocate will work alongside a diverse group of community members in an effort to reduce underage substance use throughout Deschutes County. Under the guidance of a supervisor, the Community Health Advocate will recruit 5-7 additional Youth Leaders, co-facilitate Youth Leaders meetings, and work with Deschutes County Prevention staff, a Regional Program Coordinator, and other community organizations to identify and produce projects related to substance abuse prevention. Additionally, this position will represent youth perspectives at quarterly Shared Future Coalition Advisory Board meetings, as well as assisting with carrying out Coalition’s action plans. Finally, this individual will Develop and conduct presentations to city and county leadership and speak to local and state public officials about subst
|This position will kick off with a weekend Youth Advocacy Training retreat in November (exact date to be scheduled), and additional training, technical assistance, and guidance will be identified and provided by County Prevention staff, Regional Coordinator, or through the Shared Future Coalition is based on project priorities and identified needs.
|Please send an email by 5pm, October 12th, 2018 with responses to the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position? (250 words, maximum).
2. Please describe any previous experience you have with public speaking, leadership, and/or community health (250 words, maximum).
3. Do you have any limitations related to transportation to/from meetings in Bend or the surrounding area? If so, please describe.
4. Do you have any conflicts or limitations that would prevent you from attending a weekend retreat in November, OPHA’s Capital Visit Day in March or the quarterly Shared Future Coalition meetings (Coalition meetings are on the following Wednesdays from 12-2pm in Bend: November 14, February 13, May 8)? If so, please describe.
5. Please provide name, title and contact information for 1-2 adult references we can speak with (teacher, coach, mentor, pastor/youth group leader, or other).
6. Attach a resume (recommended but not required).