Students - High School and College
What is an Internship?
- An internship is a temporary position created by an employer providing the opportunity to learn and gain valuable work experience.
Benefits of an Internship?
- Gain real-world work experience
- Provides the opportunity to
test the waters in your areas of interest
- Gain High School credits (1/2 elective credit at 65 hours of work time)
- Gain College credits (varies based on approved Internship and career path)
- Internships provide great experience that looks good on resume and college applications
- Employers are flexible to your school schedule
How to get Involved
- Create your resume, fill out Student Profile and complete the Student Agreement and Data Release Forms (See below)
- Meet with Career Counselor to review and submit your documents
- Review current Internship Opportunities and let them know if you would like to apply
- You will get notified if the hosting employer would like to interview
- Prepare for an interview
Be Prepared For Your Interview
- Review your resume with your teacher, advisor or Internship Coordinator.
- Make sure that you understand what the internship is that you are interviewing for.
- Review the website of the employer and come up with questions for the interview.
- Make sure you know the address of the interview (don't be late).
- Dress appropriately.
- Be excited about the opportunity. Employers want to know that you really want to Internship.
- Answer the questions the best you can (don't make things up!)
- Shake hands firmly, be engaged.
Document Download - To Be Completed Prior To Starting An Internship
- Data Release and Student Agreement Form
Please sign the appropriate document for the area in which you are attending school.
- Bend Area
- Madras Area
- Redmond Area
- Sisters Area
- Student Questionnaire - Please fill out and send to your Internship Coordinator at the conclusion of your intenship
Fill out and submit your Student Profile, upload your resume and agreements.
- OR Download the Student Profile Form and along with the resume and agreements send to your local Internship Coordinator.
- Student Profile
Contact Information - Email completed forms and your resume to your local Internship Coordinator.