Great benefits for starting an internship program
Internship Coordinator Can Help!
- Find Future employees
- Test-drive the talent
- Increase productivity
- Increase employee-retention rate
- Give back to the community
- Support students
- Benefit your business
- Develop the next generation workforce
Your regional Internship Coordinator can help connect to student from the local high schools,
colleges, universities and local youth organizations.
Prepare for Hosting an Internship
Steps to Take
- Can you support an internship?
- Is the Internship paid or unpaid?
- What efforts and training will be assigned to the intern(s)?
- Who will be assigned to supervise the intern(s)?
- Understand state labor laws regarding hosting interns. (Download document below)
- Meet with Internship Coordinator determine desire to host Internships.
- Complete the Internship Request Form providing the details of internship.
- Review candidates provided by Internship Coordinator
- Interview selected candidates
- Communicate the results of interviews to the Internship Coordinator
- Welcome new Intern commencing Internship
- Communicate with Internship Coordinator on intern's progress
- Complete periodic evaluations
Internship Hosting Companies