Step 4: Do the Work
Youth CareerConnect partners commit to supporting their interns and host throughout the experience, including the conduct of the work. Keeping the communication pathways going over the course of the work is essential to a rewarding experience for all.
Best Practices include:
- Provider will check in with both the host and intern on an agreed schedule
- The coordinator/mentor should schedule regular check-ins with the intern
- There should be a formal, mid-experience check-in examining progress toward the Learning Goals and trajectory along the Intern Growth Tracking Map
- Reference your internship workplan and keep following the plan
- The Provider will always be available to manage issues that might arise. If either the mentor or the intern is concerned with the conduct of each other, they should first touch bases with the provider
Youth CareerConnect is an initiative of Better Together, working to advance the collective impact of educators, businesses, governments, and youth development organizations.