Step 3: Find an Intern & Create an Agreement
It is very important that you create an agreement that states very clearly your work expectations, paid or un-paid details, a point of contact, and hours. That way both you and the intern have a clear understanding. We are in the process of creating a template agreement for employers to utilize.
Having trouble finding an intern? There are a variety of ways in which employers can be involved with their local community to further raise visibility to students which include:
- COCC/OSU Employment & Internship Fair
- Connecting with high school School-to-Work liason and counselors
- Information tables
- Partner information session
- Participating in mock interviews for students
- Conducting on-campus interviews
Youth CareerConnect is an initiative of Better Together, working to advance the collective impact of educators, businesses, governments, and youth development organizations.